Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy 100th!

Tonight we went to my great grandmas 100th Birthday party! I am so blessed to have her in my life and she is still so blessed to be in the health she is in. It was nice to see eveyone, but there is so much of our family I dont know. Drama queen wanted to get mamlene a tiara or paperdolls. We got her a tiara, i dont know where to find paper dolls anymore! She looked so pretty! It was nice to get all the pictures together. Im glad we got a group shot, but was upset my aunt and uncle left before it, but thank god for photoshop! All in all it was a great night, and the staff at "spin-a-yarn" were great. It was a little bittersweet without dad, I looked at the head table and noticed, my mamalene was up there without papa pipe, grandma was up there without papa, aunt bev without billy and then I looked at mom without dad, so sad...then i looked again at mamalene. 100 years and all shes seen, where shes been, whos shes lost, and still happy as can be. maybe that is somewhat of a fountian of youth, even though all the misfortune you need to look at what you have....and smile....

No comments:

Post a Comment